Simple and quick to prepare, hearty and chocked full of healthy greens and protein this Spinach and Feta Egg Bake is your go-to solution for week day morning breakfasts, or an easy brunch.
I’ve noticed a pattern for myself that the more meals I have planned out, with moderate prep done, the more likely I am to stick with my plan of eating as many home cooked meals as possible. Who knew. This past month I have been seriously into egg bakes. It’s a beyond simple meal to prepare on Sunday night that will solve your breakfast problems Monday through Thursday. Five minutes to toss together; half an hour in the oven; and then simply slice, reheat, and eat.
This Spinach and Feta Egg Bake is simple and quick to prepare, chocked full of protein, hearty, new years resolution friendly, and includes a full serving of vegetables per slice. Spinach and feta is always a divine combination. Through in mushrooms and red onion and I am sold. To keep this bake cows milk free, I always opt for sheep or goat milk feta.
- 10 large eggs
- 2 cups of spinach, torn
- 1 cup of cremini mushrooms, sliced
- ⅛ cup chopped red onion
- 2 thumbs size chunks of goat or sheep feta
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees farenheit
- Spray an 8x8 square baking dish with cooking spray
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs
- Add in spinach, mushrooms, red onion and half of the feta cheese. Stir until eggs coat the vegetables and everything looks relatively mixed together.
- Pour egg mixture into your baking dish. Sprinkle the top of the eggs with the remaining feta cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes until the eggs are cooked through.