I love a good challenge, especially a food challenge. When a friend of mine shared her dilemma of finding simple to prepare vegan entrees that were low fat and could be made in a jiffy I immediately knew I HAD to find these recipes for her.
Before we get into everything, I would like to note that this particular challenge came about after a recommendation from a physician to try a low-fat vegan diet. Eating a diet rich in healthy fats is a winner and my books and does the body some good, but we are all unique and have different dietary guidelines which can fluctuate at various points in our lives. Please don’t read this post and think that healthy fats are bad, it’s just a specific challenge that some individuals may face, and I will say it can be quite difficult to find simple to prepare low-fat vegan recipes that are still suitable for someone transitioning into this type of lifestyle.
My amigo doesn’t know that I took on this challenge so SURPRISE friend, here’s a warm hug for you on a Thursday night, and to everyone else looking for simple to prepare low fat vegan recipes.
This recipe round up will help a newly transitioning vegan, gluten free eater, or dairy free eater ease into their new life style. It’s full of low fat gluten free vegan entree recipes from some of my favourite fellow food bloggers that take less than 45 minutes to prepare (because time is precious when you’re trying to figure things out), are packed full of nutritious ingredients and are free of any crazy ingredients or preparation requirements. Of course these recipes are still amazing even for the seasoned “specialty diet” eater. Enjoy!
- Black Bean and Butternut Squash Burritos by Oh She Glows – reduce the amount of cheese, or eliminate it all together, and use corn or brown rice tortillas.
- Mediterranean Baked Sweet Potatoes by Minimalist Baker
- Spicy Zucchinni Black Bean Burgers by The Healthy Maven – use gluten free buns or go bunless by placing one of these patties on a bed of greens or wrapping them in romaine or leaf lettuce.
- Zesty Sweet Potato and Bean Chili by Hummasapien
- One Pot Vegan Pasta by Minimalist Baker – use gluten free pasta in place of traditional pasta
- Tofu That Tastes Good Stir Fry by Minimalist Baker
- 1 Pan Vegan Enchilada Bake with Cauliflower Nacho Sauce by Edible Perspective
- Hearty Lentil and Swiss Chard Soup by the Healthy Maven
- The Big Vegan Bowl by Oh She Glows – if go easy on the avocado and hummus this bowl can easily be low fat
- Harvest Vegetable and Bean Soup by Eat Spin Run Repeat
What kind of dietary guidelines do you follow? Do you switch things up and try different dietary lifestyles like paleo or vegan?