Balsamic roasted beets combine perfectly with mixed greens, pecans, goat cheese and avocado to create a nutrient dense salad that is perfect for lunch or a light dinner.
I am a huge fan of simple, delicious salads that you can whip together in a snap. This balsamic beet and goat cheese green salad is the perfect combination of flavours and is one of my go-to’s for a nutrient packed lunch. While I do avoid cow’s milk cheeses, I find I am able to easily digest goat milk products; if you have a dairy sensitivity you may want to explore some other non-traditional milks to see if you can too. I’ve heard from many people that they have been able to tolerate goats or sheep milk products. It’s a real treat to be able to enjoy the amazing flavour of cheeses without any digestive consequences!
- 1.5 cups chopped beets (cut into 1.25 inch chunks)
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ⅛ tsp pepper
- 4 cups mixed greens
- 1 avocado, chopped
- ¼ cup pecans
- ¼ cup crumbled goat cheese
- Preheat oven to 400
- Toss chopped beets with 1 tbsp. olive oil and 1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- Place beets on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes, until the beets are tender and easily pierced by a fork.
- Meanwhile, while the beets are roasting, whisk together remaining olive oil and balsamic vinegar, as well as salt and pepper to prepare a simple balsamic dressing
- Once the beets are roasted, toss mixed greens, avocado, precans and goat cheese with ½ of the balsamic dressing. Add remaining dressing to taste as required.